Travel documents

It is essential to check which identity and health documentsare required in the country of destination, at the penalty of denial of entry.


For updated information about the obligatory documents, please consult the web site Safe Travelling of the Ministry of Health.


Id card

Your valid ID card allows entry into the countries within the European Union. For countries outside the European Union your ID card is onlyvalid for trips organised by Tour Operators. Your driving licence is not valid as a document for departing from Italy nor is it valid as an identity document abroad. For further details regarding the country you are travelling to please consult the web site Safe Travelling..




Your passport allows access to all countries in the world that recognise the Italian government, however in some countries you may also be required to obtain an entry visa which you can apply for at the embassy of the country you are travelling to. Your passport is valid for ten years. Annual renewal of the duty stamp is no longer required if you are travelling to countries within the  European Union.